Here’s a dish that’s famous all over the world. Find out how to make Baklava in this episode
25-30 filo pastry sheets
1 cup melted butter
15-20 roasted pistachios, finely chopped
10-12 roasted almonds, finely chopped
10-12 roasted walnuts, finely chopped
1 cup sugar
1. Pre heat the oven at 108˚C
2. Trim filo pastry sheets according to the tray.
3. Grease an aluminum tray with butter and place 2-3 pastry
sheets on it.
4. Apply butter over the filo pastry and repeat the process till you
complete layering 10 sheets.
5. Sprinkle the walnuts over it and drizzle butter. Place 2-3 more
filo pastry sheets over it and brush butter on top and repeat till
process till you complete layering another 10 sheet.
6. Sprinkle almonds and repeat the same process with
pistachios till all the sheets are used up and the tray is full.
7. Cut into diamonds and bake in a preheated oven at 180 for 25
– 30 minutes
8. Heat a deep nonstick pan. Add sugar and 1 cup water and the
juice of half a lemon.
9. Stir till sugar dissolves and cook till it thickens.
10. Pour the sugar syrup over the baked filo sheet and let it rest
for 5 -7 minutes
Click to Subscribe:
Cookware by :